Green Tips & Products

Over the years we have found many ways to live more economically, and ecologically. Here we will share with you what we have learned, and share some of the products we use that make it easier to live more sustainably.

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Comparing Battery Chargers

I have been using a Radio Shack Fast Charger to charge my NiMH AA batteries. Today I received a Energizer Fast Charger (CH15MN), reporting a 15 minute charge time. The Radio Shack unit takes 4 hours and gets the charger and the batteries very hot. The Energizer unit runs cool, has an integral fan, and showed the batteries charged within the 15 minute time frame. It also has a 11-16 vdc (5a) input on the side, so I can charge it in the car, with solar, or from my house batteries, without using ac. My digital camera confirms the battery status. With the 1GB SD card, I'm ready to take 1096 pictures tomorrow with the HP PhotoSmart 320 ;-)

The charger and four 2500 mah AA batteries (also charges AAA) was $19.95 at our local P&C grocery store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home